The Wounded Warrior Resource Center is established to provide service members who have become wounded, ill, or injured, as well as their immediate families and their primary caregivers, with a single point of contact for assistance with reporting deficiencies in covered military facilities, obtaining health care services, receiving benefits information, and any other difficulties encountered while supporting wounded warriors. - Law (H.R. 4986-445, SEC. 1616)
|A consultant will give you personal, ongoing assistance related to:
- Financial resources
- Education, training, and job placement
- Information on VA benefits and other entitlements
- Home, transportation, and workplace accommodations
- Personal, couples, and family issues counseling
- Personal mobility and functioning
All consultants are trained master’s level professionals with specialties in the social sciences. Consultants take the following steps to ensure the highest level of care:
- Determining the best resource for your situation and connecting you with that resource.
- Implementing a plan of action to address your concern within 96 business hours of your initial call.
- Following-up with you within two business days to determine if your concern has been addressed by the referral resource, or if an additional referral is needed.
- Coordinating closely with each service branch’s injured support program to assure resolution of issues.
Cases aren't closed until our follow-up determines your concern has been resolved and we receive written confirmation of the action taken by the service point of contact.
Visit the National Resource Directory Web site for more information or call a consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-342-9647.